What is CQ®?
Cultural Intelligence, or CQ®, is a globally recognised way of assessing and improving effectiveness in culturally diverse situations. It is rooted in rigorous, academic research conducted across more than 100 countries and it is being used by leading companies, universities, and governments around the world. CQ®, is the foundation and strategic link to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
In culturally diverse situations, CQ® predicts:
- Personal adjustment and adaptability
- Judgment and decision-making
- Negotiation effectiveness
- Trust, idea-sharing, and innovation
- Leadership effectiveness
- Profitability and cost-savings
Who is this course aimed at?
The workshop is for individuals and organisations seeking to leverage diversity, improve equity and make their organisations feel more inclusive. This program will benefit anyone who interacts with different cultures, whether multinational, generational, ethnic or even organisational cultures within a workplace.
This course will help participants apply research-based solutions for improving self-awareness and culturally intelligent strategies to make sure they do not act on biases. The overall objective is to learn how to manage bias in interpersonal and organisational interactions.
Workshop Learning Outcomes
- Understand why bias matters
- Recognise sources of explicit and implicit bias
- Identify systemic bias in our organisations/institutions
- Practice culturally intelligent strategies to disrupt bias
You will receive:
- CQ® Your Bias participant guide,
- Digital copy of Expand Your Borders, written by Dr. David Livermore.