Why is this course important
Personal Development Planning provides a framework that is focused on development needs which may arise from:
- changes in work roles,
- changes in work programs,
- organisational changes,
- legislative changes,
- challenges involved in managing people,
- challenges involved in working in teams.
In the process, employees take responsibility for their own development, and once they have identified a learning need, are more motivated to follow through with the learning.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course will provide employees with a good understanding of how to prepare for their PDP discussion, and will outline the different development interventions needed to achieve their outlined objectives. The drafting of a PDP requires an in-depth analysis of personal developmental areas, which will enhance optimal functionality in a current role, and will form the basis for developing a roadmap for career advancement.
Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors
This course will equip managers and supervisors with the skills needed to conduct the PDP discussion in a confident manner, focusing on the specific employee’s developmental areas so that they can function or excel in their current role and be prepared for future roles and career advancement.
This course will ensure that the organisation’s training plans are more accurately focused on employees’ developmental areas that support the organisation’s business needs, and enhance employee capabilities and their performance outcomes.
Are there any prerequisites for attending this course?
Learners will be required to bring with them their job description, career paths, competency profiles and any current or previous personal development plans which are available to them.
Course content and outcomes:
At the conclusion of this course the delegate should understand:
- Career development expectations,
- The impact of the absence of employee development,
- The consideration of people factors in the process,
- The entire PDP process and its benefits,
- The 4-step process,
- How to draft a PDP, identifying a few development areas (practical),
- How to prepare for a PDP discussion,
- How to conduct a PDP discussion,
- How to accurately identify development areas (job-specific technical, intra-personal & inter-personal),
- Relevant learning and development interventions,
- Different on-the-job development actions.
Other training courses:
21st Century offers courses in all areas of Remuneration and HR.