Why is this course important?
This course ensures that you will have the knowledge to deal with the grievance process in a manner that is acceptable to both the employee and the employer, and that you will understand the hierarchical structure for presenting and settling workplace disputes.
Who is this course aimed at?
Line Managers, HR Professionals.
Are there any prerequisites for attending this course?
Course content and outcomes:
At the conclusion of this course the delegate should understand:
- The definition of a grievance,
- The purpose of a grievance procedure,
- When a complaint is considered a formal grievance or misconduct,
- When to mediate and when to initiate a formal investigation,
- The basic principles to consider when resolving grievances,
- The rights of an aggrieved employee,
- Steps to resolve a grievance,
- How to ensure better workplace relations,
- The Initiation Flowchart Procedure for managing a grievance.
Other training courses:
21st Century offers courses in all areas of Remuneration and HR.