Who is this course aimed at?
HR Practitioners and Senior Managers
Are there any prerequisites for attending this course?
Yes. The course ‘Initiating Disciplinary Hearings’ should be completed before taking part in this course.
Course content and outcomes:
At the conclusion of this course the delegate should understand:
- The purpose of a disciplinary hearing,
- The role of all parties in the disciplinary hearing,
- The disciplinary hearing process,
- Facilitating the leading of evidence and examination of witnesses,
- Procedural and substantive fairness,
- Rules of evidence,
- Deciding the merits of the case and drafting a finding,
- Considering mitigating and aggravating factors,
- Fair and unfair dismissals,
- Reasons for dismissal,
- Choosing the appropriate sanction.
Other training courses:
21st Century offers courses in all areas of Remuneration and HR.