2017 Agricultural Industry
How would participating in this survey benefit us?
Current, valid survey results are an invaluable tool when making important remuneration decisions during the course of the year.
Very importantly, the survey results can assist in ensuring that your organisation is in a position to comply with the new legislation tabled in the Employment Equity Act, “Equal Pay for Work of Equal Value” which came into effect on 1 August 2014.
Our remuneration information is highly confidential. Will you share this information with anybody?
Our business rests on commitment to confidentiality of data. Thus under no circumstances would any individual information or any company-specific information be disclosed to any other participant.
Our business depends on our commitment to this promise.
How can we provide input into the design of the survey?
We invite XXXX with niche roles within the industry to participate in the survey.
- We would like to discuss the particular requirements that you may have for the survey, in terms of both roles and survey content, so that the end product will meet your organisation’s needs.
- You are more than welcome to suggest any topic that is not currently covered.
- You will be required to send us your role descriptions.
- Once the remuneration information and specific roles have been agreed on, we will:
- collect data from each participant
- analyse the data and
- produce an in-depth report detailing our findings.
What information can we expect to receive in the report?
The report includes salary benchmarks for Total Guaranteed Package, Short-Term Incentives and Total Remuneration by:
- Agri-business Retail Branch Managers
- Branch Manager Trading
- Agri-business Retail Branch Associates
- Grain Storage and Handling Depot Managers
- Procurement Officer / Trader
- Junior Agronomist
- Officer Depot Products Handling
- Senior Products Depot Manager
- Products Depot Manager
- Senior Millwright
- Fitter / Turner (Operative Unqualified)
- Fitter / Turner
- Fitter / Turner Senior
- Electrician – With Wireman’s Licence
- Electrician – Senior
- Electrician – Supervisor
- Portfolio Manager
- Manager: Portfolio Management
- Manager: Grain Trading
- Senior Grain Trader
- Grain Grader
- Head Miller
- GIS Specialist
- Manager: Developing Agriculture
- Environmental Officer
- Manager: Precision Farming
- Manager: Agricultural Management Services
- Technical Advisor
- Technical Sales Specialist (Animal Nutrition)
- Animal Nutritionist
- Egg Attendant
- Team Leader: Egg Processing
- Team Leader: Vaccination Team
- Team Leader: Rearing
- Team Leader: Transfer Team
- Team Leader: Laying
- Assistant Hatchery Manager
- Rearing Farm Manager
- Laying Farm Manager
- Hatchery Manager